Enjoying a great-tasting THC (Delta 9, D9, or D9 THC) gummy is like rewarding yourself for a job well done. Within 45 minutes or so after a THC gummy enters your digestive system, you’re most likely feeling fine and loving life. But have you ever wondered how long do THC gummies stay in your system? The short answer is it depends on many factors, and we’ll explore the details later on.
When it comes to your personal health, it’s important to have accurate information about how THC gummies support your lifestyle and wellness routine. This is especially true for people concerned about being drug tested as part of their job. So read on to find out how long THC edibles stay in your body.
What Are THC Gummies?
THC gummies are bite-sized gummies infused with Delta 9 THC. These powerful edibles can help get you through a stressful day or help you unwind at night. The THC in these gummies brings clear-headed euphoria and relaxes your body. A Delta 9 THC gummy bursting with flavor is a fun, discreet, and easy way to change your perspective—all on your terms.
Gummies are not hard candies. They’re not rigid like cough drops, pills, or capsules. THC gummies are soft, sweet, and chewable. The best THC gummies are made with non-GMO, natural, and vegan-friendly ingredients that never contain artificial flavors or colors. When buying D9 THC gummies, check the ingredient list to ensure what you’re putting in your digestive tract is actually good for you and your body.
What Is Delta 9 THC?
Hemp and its cousin, marijuana, contain hundreds of different compounds, including cannabinoids. Delta 9 THC is a major cannabinoid found in marijuana and in trace amounts in hemp. The cannabinoid creates a feeling of elation, focus, and creativity, among others. If you’ve smoked THC-rich flower before, you understand the euphoric effect it creates. By law, hemp can only contain D9 THC levels of 0.3%, far less than what’s typically found in marijuana flower or marijuana edibles.
The D9 THC molecule seamlessly supports and helps regulate our bodies through our endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is a network of cell-signaling receptors located throughout our body, including major organs and our brain. Your ECS helps maintain many bodily functions and keep you in balance. It’s a process called homeostasis, and it regulates things such as temperature, mood, sleep cycles, memory, and response to discomfort, to name a few. When consuming edibles like gummies, you’re essentially feeding your ECS, so you feel more in balance and at ease!
What Other Types of THC Are There?
In addition to Delta 9 THC, there are several other types of THC, and in one way or another, they all help us live healthier, happier lives. The five major types of cannabinoids include:
- Delta 9 THC
- Delta 8 THC (Delta 8, D8, or D8 THC)
- Delta 10 THC (Delta 10, D10, or D10 THC)
What’s the Difference Between the Different Types of THC?
In addition to knowing how THC varies chemically, it’s good to better understand the differences. Here are the main differences between the five major types of THC:
- Delta 9 THC. Considered the potent pinnacle of all cannabinoids, THC eases discomfort, supports better sleep, and helps you feel like you’re on top of the world. Enthusiasts enjoy it for the mental stimulation it provides and relaxing effects.
- Delta 8 THC. Think of Delta 8 as the kid brother or sister to Delta 9. It shares the same family characteristics but doesn’t come on as strong as D9. Many people prefer D8 for its easygoing onset and mellow, sedating benefits.
- Delta 10 THC. If you’re seeking a gentle, uplifting, and relaxing sensation, D10 is an excellent option. It’s perfect for slowly unwinding and easing into your evening.
- THCv. Short for Tetrahydrocannabivarin, THCv supports increased energy and helps avoid hunger cravings. THCv provides clear-headed stimulation and helps motivate you when you need it.
- THCa. Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid is found in all hemp and marijuana plants. It’s the precursor to all the other THC molecules. THCa helps with stomach issues, muscle tension, and joint/mobility issues.
Are THC Gummies Legal?
THC gummies that are hemp-derived and contain 0.3% or less THC are 100% legal under federal law. The 2018 Farm Bill permits hemp cultivation nationwide and products made from hemp. As long as the hemp plant and products have 0.3% THC or less, you’re good to go. State laws may differ, so it never hurts to check your state’s laws about THC gummies.
What Are the Benefits of Delta 9 THC Gummies?
Dealing with life’s everyday stresses can take its toll over time, and Delta 9 THC gummies help ease the load. A healthy, balanced wellness regimen for your mind and body pays off in so many ways, and THC Gummies can help with:
- Calming racing thoughts
- Relieving physical discomfort
- Relaxing the body and mind
- Supporting sleep
- Aiding appetite and digestion
- Encouraging a positive mood
- Unleashing creativity
What Are the Side Effects of Delta 9 THC Gummies?
Delta 9 gummies are well-tolerated by most people, but occasionally, there may be a few side effects that may occur due to overconsumption. These side effects will gently subside within a few hours.
Overconsuming D9 THC Gummies can lead to side effects, including:
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
Time is generally the best remedy, so if you’re experiencing minor side effects from Delta 9 edibles, in most cases, they’ll dissipate in a matter of hours. Consider eating a meal or lying down for a bit. We recommend following the gummy’s dosing guidelines, and for your first dose, it’s best to go low and start slow. If you’re new to THC gummies, start with half of one, wait an hour or so, and see how you feel before eating more.
How Long Do THC Edibles Stay In Your System?
If you’re concerned about possible drug testing, you need to know that THC can stay in your system for days or even weeks. In medical terms, THC attaches to your fat cells, which is harder for your body to eradicate. If you’re a fan of THC edibles and consume them frequently, that will also lead to more residual, detectable THC in your body. Because of this high frequency of consumption, THC will still be detectable in your body weeks after cessation.
Generally speaking, drug testing checks the THC levels in your system, particularly marijuana metabolites. And various drug tests detect THC levels over different timeframes. Some tests have a much narrower detection window than others. If there’s a possibility of an upcoming drug test in the near future, it’s helpful to have a general breakdown of how long edibles stay in your system.
Most drug tests are one of these common testing methods. If you know the type of test, plan accordingly, as these tests can detect THC in your system within the following timeframes:
- Blood tests: 1-2 days
- Saliva tests: 1-3 days
- Urine tests: 3-30 days
- Hair tests: Up to 90 days
Whether you have to take a blood, saliva, urine, or hair test, you just might end up triggering a false positive. If you don’t want to test positive or limit your chances of doing so, it’s best to stop taking THC gummies before any drug tests.
What Factors Impact The Duration of THC Gummies In Your System?
Many factors influence how long THC gummies stay in your system. With most edibles, chances are you’ll be loving life for 6-8 hours after eating a D9 THC gummy. However, things like frequency of use, a full or empty stomach, your metabolism, and other factors can affect how long the good vibes last. Some of these factors also come into play for drug testing. So let’s dive into these factors and how they may influence your time in Blissville.
Frequency of Use
If you frequently enjoy THC gummies, you’ll most likely have larger quantities of THC in your system. As a result, THC will be present for longer periods of time in your body.
How Much Do You Consume?
It makes sense—consuming greater quantities results in higher THC levels in your system. Also, if you develop a higher tolerance level for THC edibles, you may prefer a higher dose, which can also affect the potency of benefits.
Age and Metabolism
For most people, it’s common to pack on the pounds as we age. This affects both women and men and can result from a slower metabolism. Additionally, this also affects our digestive system and how we process calories. If you have a slower metabolism and eat a large meal before taking a THC gummy as a dessert, it may slow its effects.
Other Forms of THC
What other cannabis products or other substances do you consume? What’s your overall cannabis consumption? Are you indulging in another kind of cannabis edible? Are you enjoying a different type of THC edible, such as a Delta 8 THC edible? All these alternatives to D9 THC gummies affect how much THC you’re consuming and the duration of THC in your system.
Where To Buy Delta 9 THC Gummies?
Exhale Wellness is the perfect place to buy Delta 9 THC Gummies because our core philosophy is to help you achieve your health and wellness ideals. That’s why we only use vegan-friendly and natural ingredients without any artificial colors, flavors, or additives.
Our products are 100% Farm Bill compliant and made from the best hemp grown in America. We stand behind our products and prove the potency of every batch by providing a Certificate of Analysis, so you can see the results for yourself.
Our top-shelf, potent edibles will rock your world. Variety is the spice of life, and our selection of D9 THC Gummies gives you the whole spice rack! We’ve got you covered with:
- Live Resin Gummies: To capture ultimate freshness, we freeze the natural hemp flower immediately after harvesting. This preserves the natural terpenes and cannabinoids at their peak potency, creating a powerful live resin gummy bursting with flavor.
- D9 Gummy Cubes: Sometimes we all need to change things up. That’s why offer our great tasting D9 Gummy Cubes in different potencies and flavors. You’re in control of easing racing thoughts and enhancing your mood, when and where you need it.
- D9 + CBN Sleep Gummies: Sleep is essential for our overall health, and combining Delta 9 THC with Cannabinol (CBN) and melatonin supports deep, restful sleep. Available in different strengths, our sleep gummies gently guide you into dreamland, where you’ll enjoy your stay for a full night’s sleep.
- CBD + THC Gummies: Get the best of both worlds with our CBD + THC Gummies. Your mind and body will benefit from the uplifting and relaxing euphoria that lasts for hours.
Choose From Our Selection of Delta 9 THC Alternatives
We also offer an excellent selection of alternate THC Gummies to help you find whatever best suits your specific needs:
- Delta 8 Gummy Cubes: Delta 8 provides relaxing and clear-headed euphoria but in a more understated way than Delta 9 THC. Sometimes we need just a bit of help to take the edge off our daily lives, and D8 helps lighten the load.
- Delta 10 Gummies: Many people prefer a softer, more, soothing way to relax, and Delta 10 is a gentle way to help you through your day or ease you into the night. Like all our gummies, they’re pre-dosed for consistency, so you know you’re headed in the right direction every time.
- THCv Gummies: Recharge and reset with these delicious, outstanding gummies. Brimming with flavor, our THCv Gummies energize your body, calm your mind, and support a balanced appetite.
Final Thoughts – How Long Do THC Gummies Stay In Your System?
We’re all wired a bit differently, and for some people, the onset of happiness after eating a THC gummy can take 45 minutes to an hour. For others, it might be shorter or longer. While the benefits of THC gummies typically last anywhere from six to eight hours, some gummy lovers may need higher doses to get there; others might need a lower dose or even a half dose to feel fantastic. Factors unique to each individual, such as their body weight, metabolism, frequency of consumption, and tolerance, can affect how long they’ll feel the effects of THC gummies and how long THC will stay in their system.
Typically, THC will stay detectable in your system for several days to several weeks after consumption. The point is that time and quantities are relative, and it’s good to discover what works best for you and your body. The same holds true for a drug test; your results may vary. If you’re facing a drug test in the future, consider the timelines for the different types of drug tests available and plan accordingly. It’s one test you want to pass with flying colors!